So now I have to figure out what I'm going to do... was hoping to at least get October done first and wrap up the release I'm working on, but the new place wants me right away. I was also kind of hoping for some time off in between jobs, but it looks like it's going to be a leave on Friday, start on Monday sort of thing.
I guess I should consider myself lucky to have this problem, to already have a job and an offer in hand and have to decide whether to stay or go. I've been wanting for years to get back to working with network technology rather than sitting doing enterprise software, but that's where the jobs were at the time (especially after the collapse of most of the telecom industry).
So let's see..
|Current Job: (If I stay)||New Job: (If I go)|
|28 mile commute, Redwood Shores||6 mile commute, Sunnyvale|
|Really outdated hardware for build & test||Fairly recent hardware|
|Boss that blows up at me for things I don't have any control over||Really cool boss that I've worked with before|
|Lunch generally not allowed||Company provides lunch twice a week, has outdoor picnics & etc|
|Never get to take vacation since they get all panicky if I ever take any time off||3 weeks of vacation a year, and new boss says, "Time
off is not a problem".
|Same pay as I'm making now||$2K more than I'm making now|
Will have to think about this one...